What I want
Currently, my VM is only Windows Professional (8.1), whereas vGPU is (apparently) only supported on the Enterprise edition.
Now I would consider re-installing Windows Enterprise in a new VM (if necessary), however I do not have access to the installation disk. (My TechNet subscription expired recently, though the windows license keys are still valid.)
I do have the ISO for Win8.1 Pro. I also have the installation ISO for Win8.1 Enterprise for 32 bit (x86).
What I have
- Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012, with a strong graphics card
- VM with Windows 8.1 Professional
- Additional Windows license key for Enterprise edition
- Windows installation ISO for Professional only.
- Windows installation ISO for Enterprise on x86.
For the record, I did run an experiment using the Enterprise Eval ISO, and the vGPU works wonderfully on my system. Unfortunately, it is impossible to upgrade the eval install to use a full license key (after 90 days a full reinstall is necessary).
What I am looking for
Optimistically, a valid solution would be any of the following:
- Instructions on how to force Win8 Pro to change to Win8 Enterprise (using the valid Enterprise license key).
- How to install ("hack") vGPU to work on Win8 Pro
- Link to Win8.1 Enterprise x64 installation ISO (NOT evaluation - this cannot be upgraded to a full license). (As I mentioned, I have a legitimate license, but since my TechNet subscription expired I can't download a fresh ISO, as far as I can find).
- How to upgrade Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation edition to a full Enterprise install (using a valid key).
- Any other creative solution that I have not thought of, that will allow me to have a 64-bit Windows VM with vGPU.