I've been fighting with this for a couple of weeks when booting my PC:
Error keyboard or no keyboard present CMOS checksum error -Default loaded
And of course there is no way to go any further since I am requested to HIT either F1 or ENTER on my (not present?) KEYBOARD.
Everything started after PROPERLY removing my USB drive from one of the front ports of my PC (Vista Ultimate). The mouse and the keyboard suddenly stopped working and I had to restart the PC.
Please consider that my USB keyboard is just PERFECT. I've already connected to another working PC and it does work.
This is what I've already tried by now:
- Turning the PC off and disconnecting EVERYTHING from the back.
- Disconnecting the two SATA hard drives from the motherboard.
- Pushing the "Reset BIOS" button in the motherboard and waiting a long time (are 12 hours enough?) before reconnecting and rebooting.
- Removing the BIOS battery and waiting a long time before putting it back and resetting the BIOS.
- Replacing the BIOS battery with a new one (plus resetting the BIOS).
I just don't know what else to disconnect, reset or replace. Maybe me? o.O