Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there such a thing?

Ideally, I'd hook up some device onto my VGA/DVI jack on the computer and some other device to the same jack on the monitor and the data would flow wirelessly.

share|improve this question
should be "wireless display" – user8228 Nov 20 '09 at 15:03
up vote 2 down vote accepted

NewEgg carries the IOGear Wireless Audio / Video Kit. (Or without the audio)

Iogear presents a wireless High Definition multimedia enjoyment solution to you with its Wireless Audio / Video Kit! Connect the USB adapter to your PC, the VGA adapter to your VGA display and audio adapter to your speakers, and voila!

Enjoy all the multimedia content stored on your computer through your home theater system! No complex cables to tangle and clutter your living room!

alt text

They also carry the Addlogix Wireless Video Display Adapter. Amusingly enough, you can use an ethernet cable to run the signal (making it not so wireless):

Send signal wirelessly to your projector or TV with the addlogix EV2100 wireless display adapter. It takes advantage of your 802.11b/g connection to send a signal to your TV or projector. You can also run an Ethernet cable for the signal.

alt text

share|improve this answer

Perhaps this will work: IOGear Wireless USB to VGA Adapter

share|improve this answer
Note, this is the vga adapter only - you still need the USB unit for the host PC: – Jared Harley Nov 20 '09 at 0:47

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.