I am trying to install a hot fix for Visual Studio 2008, but each time the install fails, and the report in the log file is that the installer does not have access to:
If I load regedit.exe I can't access that key, I get an "Access denied" error.
- I am a member of "Administrators"
- I am the only non-system account on the machine
- I have rebooted
- I have "Run as Administrator" on the installer and on regedit.exe
- I have enabled the Administrator account and logged on as such
- I have tried to give myself permissions to the key
- I have tried to give SYSTEM permissions to the key
- I have tried to take ownership of the key
I don't know what else to try, I am locked out of my own registry!
I'm using Windows 7