Recently, casting a tab from Google Chrome has to my Chromecast has stopped working. When I try I get "Unable to cast to Chromecast Name. An unexpected error occurred." with the cast icon red with an X.
- Chrome can see the Chromecast.
- The Chromecast reacts when I try to cast (the screen goes blank).
- The Chromecast App can see and configure the Chromecast.
- Casting from youtube.com works.
- Casting from Youtube and Netflix apps on Android and iPads works.
- Chromecast firmware is 16041.
- There is nothing new in the console when I try to cast.
I have tried...
- Reinstalling Chrome.
- Wiping out all preferences, caches and application support.
- Disconnecting Chrome from my Google account.
- Uninstalling Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Rebooting the Chromecast.
This may have coincided with upgrading from 10.8 to 10.9.
Any more ideas of what to try?