I came across the same issued and solved using the following steps:
- selected the container to mount as usual clicking on the "Select file" button
- once selected the container file hit I clicked on the "Mount" button
- in the password input popup I clicked on the "Option" button
- in the full option popup I checked the radio box "Do no mount" in the filesystem frame at the bottom of the page
- type the password and clicked on the "Ok" button
- at the shell prompt I issued the following command:
sudo ntfsfix /dev/mapper/truecrypt9
please note that the proper device depends on the slot selected for the container mount (truecrypt9 is for slot 9)
and this was the output of the command:
Mounting volume... $MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
Attempting to correct errors...
Processing $MFT and $MFTMirr...
Reading $MFT... OK
Reading $MFTMirr... OK
Comparing $MFTMirr to $MFT... FAILED
Correcting differences in $MFTMirr record 0...OK
Processing of $MFT and $MFTMirr completed successfully.
Setting required flags on partition... OK
Going to empty the journal ($LogFile)... OK
NTFS volume version is 3.1.
NTFS partition /dev/mapper/truecrypt9 was processed successfully.
- went back to truecrypt window unmounted the container and mounted as usual and it worked