- CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
- MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
- Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
- Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk + Seagate Caviar Black 2TB
- Graphic: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB ACX Video Card
- Power supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
System is Windows 8.1 Pro. I have not added any new hardware since I built the computer in January this year. The problem now has rendered the PC nearly unusable.
Symptom: Frequent BSOD/freezes/reboots happening at every point of use: startup, gaming, browsing net; also when the computer is just sitting idle for extended period of time. See Minidumps here. Weird thing is sometimes I could use it for a couple hours with no problem and then the freezing/BSOD/reboot would just randomly resume.
For your information:
- There's not a cooling problem according to Speedfan
- No memory problems according to Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- CPU passed the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool test. Log for full result here.
Things I have tried:
- Updated to latest BIOS and drivers for everything.
- Unplugged and replugged in every piece of hardware and wires connected to the MOBO
- Also tried to do the IntelBurnTest as some of my friends suggested. As soon as I start the test the computer will go into BSOD.
- The PC is fine going into the safe mode, but fails again when trying to do BurnTest in safe mode too. EDIT: I take this back. Now encountering the same problem in safe mode also.
Running out of ideas short of completely reset my computer with a clean install and (god forbid) replacing the parts. Would appreciate any help on identifying the problem and possible fixes. Thanks in advance!