Having issues with IE11 opening on a newly built Windows 7 laptop. Laptop model is a Lenovo T431s.
IE is working fine on LAN.
When connected on WLAN it can take up to 25 seconds for Internet Explorer to open - after clicking on the icon. It is also slow switching between tabs.
I have connected to several different wifi networks and still face the same issue (ruling out an issue with the access point).
I can connect to the wireless networks fine. I can then ping 184.108.40.206 fine. The delay seems to be opening the IE application. Pinging works fine - whilst waiting 25 seconds for IE to open.
I have tried several fixes relating to this, but all seem to be to no avail:
- Reset all IE defaults and clearing caches
- Disable Add-ons and Accelerators
- Changing the homepage
- Unticking AutoDetect settings within LAN config settings
- Clearing the 'Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering' box under Advanced settings
- Updating my wireless driver
Opening IE (No-Add-ons) through the Accessories > Systems Tools submenu also takes time to load. I noticed when using this, that more add-ons were enabled. I also disabled these - but it still made no positive impact.
Google Chrome is working fine.