At night, when I'm finished using my computer, I put it to sleep. Most of the time, it will stay asleep.
Sometimes, the machine will buzz twice quickly, and then wake back up. No amount of putting the thing to sleep (either by the button or by the menu command) will do it.
I'm running 24" iMac, 2.4GHZ C2D, 4GB DDR2, Radeon 2600HD, and Leopard 10.5.7.
- Wake on lan is not enabled.
- Wake on bluetooth is not enabled, and bluetooth is turned off.
- Time machine is not running when I sleep the machine.
- The machine will wake even if nothing is plugged in.
- There are no applications wanting my attention.
- I have not scheduled any events to take place close to midnight that would prevent me from shutting down.
Can anyone suggest why my mac won't stay asleep sometimes? Or a place to start looking?