Just for the fun of it, I want to get an old Tandy 1400LT laptop:
- NEC V20 (Intel 8088 equivalent)
- 640 KB RAM
- 9'' CGA backlit monochrome display
- two 3,5'' 720KB DD floppy drives
- RS-232C serial port (DB-9 M)
- Centronics port parallel (DB-25 F)
I want to connect the thing to the internet and use it as an SSH terminal.
The OS should be no problem as it is a 386 hardware. There should be a small Linux distribution which can be run on it.
The problem I see here is the internet connection. Does anyone have experience with serial/parallel-to-Ethernet converters?