I'm trying to find a replacement for my ASUS WL500GP router.
- my ISP now provides 120 Mbit bandwidth - the router must be able to handle it
- I have 3 computers and a laptop at home - the router must have at least 4 LAN ports and the WAN port
- I need to be able to do the following in parallel:
- use bittorrent with ~1000 connections
- transfer files from one home computer to another at high speed
- access one home computer from my workplace
- I don't really need wireless
- I don't really want two boxes to serve all these purposes.
So I was searching for a router with 1 Gbit ports, jumbo frame support and good reviews, but haven't really found a promising candidate so far.