So this is 3 weeks since I got the GPU Sapphire R9 270 2GB.
The other specs for my PC are:
- CPU: Amd FX 8320
- PSU: Corsair RM 750W
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 1366 (for now)
- SSD: Samsung 840 Evo
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-97A-UD3P
All new Except rams!
Since I got the Graphics card I started getting AMD Driver has stopped and recovered from an error.
Sometimes I can play any game (Diablo 3, Dota 2, Metro LL, Battlefield 4) at ultra and it runs fine for hours .. but if I alt tab or something like that bam .. black screen 3-5 seconds .. I get the erorr and when I get back to game I hear sound but no video .. only way is to close game with task manager.
Now this happens even more frequently doing simple trivial tasks like while simply playing a video with flash player online screen freezes for seconds and I get the error or just small 1-sec spikes during the video.
In these 3 weeks I've tried everything I could with the information from forums, youtube etc. simply nothing.
I'm at the edge of desparation and sending it to warranty it's my last option since it will take a long time and leave me without a running PC.
What I've tried :
- windows fix-it
- the gpu memmory timer for freeze with regedit
- unplug-replug everything on the motherboard
- reinstalling drivers with driver cleaner(and some other driver cleaners from all previous gpu's I had)
- installing older versions of drivers
- bios optimised defaults
- modifying the driver file in system 32 folder(atikmdag.sys)
- delete Chrome gpu files and/or use other browser
- memory test
- bunch of other stuff I don't remember now ...
- format drive and reinstall windows !!
After all this as I said I'm pretty close to losing all hope .. the most likely scenario seems to be either Voltage problems(although the PSU ran fine for 3 weeks with another GPU and is a solid PSU as you can see) or a faulty broken GPU came from factory.
What else should/can I try. Please help me in any way you can think of I want to try everything before sending it back to warranty.