Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I hate right clicking misspelt words in text boxes within browsers to correct spelling.

Wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut to replace the misspelt word with the best match when the cursor is in/before/after the word?

Alternatively is there are browser plugin or could I set up keybindings to do this?

share|improve this question

As far as chrome is consider there are no keyboard shortcut for spell check. Alternatively,There's an extension in the Chrome store called Ginger that does spell checking. When a word is spelled wrong it will be highlighted in blue. All you do is hover over the word and the word it thinks you meant will appear above it, just click the word and continue on.

share|improve this answer

To correct the underlined word with the keyboard, with the cursor on the underlined word press:

context menu down enter

Repeat down as needed.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .