My laptop's battery tray icon sometimes says "plugged in, not charging". How do I make the battery start charging again?
- Lenovo X230, 6-cell battery, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
- This question says that battery's firmware or driver would sometimes decide not to charge at near-full capacity. However, this has happened at various charge levels - for example, now it's at 53%.
- Battery is at decent state - lasts several hours when unplugged.
- Using original charger through a docking station, but I tried another charger connected directly, and the battery continues to not charge.
- Tried restarting the laptop - still doesn't charge.
- Tried to disable+enable the
Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Batterydevice - still doesn't charge.