I want to run the command prompt as the administrator, using the keyboard.
These are the steps that I follow:
- Press the Windows Logo key
- Press the Up Arrow key to get to All Programs
- Press the Right Arrow key to access All Programs
- Press the Up Arrow key several times to get to Accessories
- Press the Right Arrow key to access Accessories
- Press the Down Arrow key several times to get to Command Prompt
- Press the Shift and F10 keys to access the context menu
- Press the Alt and A keys to access Run As Administrator
But instead of running the command prompt as the Administrator, pressing the Alt key makes the context menu disappear.
I know I can use the Down Arrow key several times, followed by the Enter button to access the Run As Administrator option.
I still want to use the accelerator key combination. It's there, so I want to use it.
Why does Windows 7 have accelerator key combinations that cannot be used?