Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there cursor selection tool for GIMP?

I mean simple mouse selector that e.g. move objects within page - with mouse cursor.

There many custom selection tools , but i'ven't found the simplest.

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

There is Move Tool which you can use for moving objects. Shortcut key: M.

share|improve this answer
Also, holding down the space bar changes the active tool to Move temporarily. The Move tool remains active as long as the space bar is held down. – DaveParillo Dec 7 '09 at 14:52
DaveParillo: That's incorrect, holding space bar down scrolls the entire canvas, which is different from the move tool, which moves individual items/layers. – davr Dec 7 '09 at 17:11

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .