I recently installed Windows 7 RC from microsoft website. Lately I've been having some strange problems with the OS which I suspect is due to some corrupt system files.
- With Aero peek feature (taskbar), when I place the mouse over the open windows (or other open programs) the peek displays for only less than a second. Earlier it used to display the peek for as long as I held the mouse pointer over the peek area.
- When idle, the PC doesn't display the screen saver and doesn't turn off the display, both configured rightly.
I have done the following to fix the problem, but to no avail.
- Repair install of Windows 7 (upgrade option). Problem persisted.
- Complete install on Windows 7. As soon as I booted the new installation, the problem showed up.
- I have reinstalled the display drivers.
The PC in question is Dell Vostro 1000 notebook PC.
I'm using the same OS with my Desktop PC but its running absolutely fine.