Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I used a program 7 or 8 years ago, that stabilized a video by letting you select a part of the footage that was not supposed to move (like, a sign on a building, or a picture frame on the wall, etc). I remember that the cost was $100, I didn't buy it because my need at that time was very simple and fine for the trial version.

Now I need the same thing again... I would even be willing to pay the $100 bucks for that old program... But I have no idea even what it was called... The old computer that had it on is long gone, along with whatever old version of Adobe Premiere I had at that time. Any clues would be appreciated!

share|improve this question
Ever thought of starting a bounty on this one? – Tshepang Jan 10 '11 at 20:34
up vote 6 down vote accepted

I've seen lots of people recommending Deshaker

Its a plugin for the FOSS (free in more ways than price) program VirtualDub.

It was used to create the example on WikiPedia's article on digital video stabilisation

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .