Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The speakers have a cable with 3.5 mm TRS plug; the cable is directly going into one the speaker boxes, so it cannot be detached. The A/V cable coming from the console has an S-Video Mini-DIN plug and a pair of audio cinch plugs. The S-Video is plugged into the monitor.

What are my options? I strongly prefer things I would be able to order from (local hardware price comparison).

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by BinaryMisfit Dec 21 '09 at 22:15

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This is console or electronics related. Irrelevant of the requirement of the OP to use PC Speakers, this question is outside the scope of SuperUser as per the FAQ and will remain closed. I can see no hardware or software problem within this question, and would be just as well asked on a Audio/Video support site. – BinaryMisfit Dec 22 '09 at 2:04
up vote 3 down vote accepted

You can use a 2 RCA female to 3.5mm Female Audio Adapter Converter Cable

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
PS2 doesn't have a headphone jack, but only the proprietary combined A/V and a separate digital out. I'll look for this adapter cable. – daxim Dec 21 '09 at 22:58

If this is just a one of thing, I simply recommend you take a look for converter boxes and/or connectors.

However, If you have good speakers and many devices, look at getting an AV Receiver, you can just plug everything in to them which can have a load of different input and outputs and it can do all the hard work for you.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
ahhh, Marantz ... the memories! but i think the term "geizhals" refers to a "very tight person", so a big 'boombox' is probably out of the equation, however, i like the sight of it. :) – Molly7244 Dec 21 '09 at 22:21

You'll want to grab something like this and then a female stereo-mini to female stereo-mini converter. Works like a charm for me, when I hook my console up to headphones or my PC speakers. I got mine at Radio Shack, but I imagine they're available many places.

Edited to say I found a link to the coupler I was refering to.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .