Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I did something stupid and lost a piece.

There is adapter in HP's dv2310us that connects the sata hard disk to the motherboard. It is a right angle connector from female sata (w/ power) to a spade header on the motherboard. I'm beginning to think this thing is a proprietary hp adapter.

HP's parts store for this model doesn't have anything. (Unless its included in the phrase "- With bracket.") Otherwise I'm having difficulty coming up with a name or search term that matches.

What is the connector called or where should I be looking for a replacement of this doohickey?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

The lost piece is called a HDD Caddy or Adapter. Still haven't located the lost piece... (grumble)

alt text


share|improve this answer
Located the piece... – greyDrifter Dec 14 '09 at 22:31

Is it that one maybe?

alt text

It's called SATA Hard Drive Connector.

This is a laptop's HD caddy, I don't think that you meant that.

share|improve this answer
Your right that the that caddy is the wrong word to use, I blatantly copied the item description from the "source" link. The one you have posted is similar to the item I was looking for, a little work with a file and usable. – greyDrifter Dec 14 '09 at 12:24
Cool. Tell me how it goes and if I helped. – Saxtus Dec 14 '09 at 13:08

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.