I'm looking for a HD (720p or up) webcam, that has good Linux support. Good linux support for me is, in the order of preference:
- Mainline kernel support in 2.6.31 kernel or older.
- Debian packaged modules, or source that can be compiled with module-assistant.
- Kernel module source compilable separately for an installed Debian kernel.
Completely open source is best, but binary firmware blobs are acceptable. A required proprietary management daemon for a driver is not acceptable, as are binary-only distributions of kernel modules and/or management daemons.
I'd like the web cam to be one of the following models, but other readily available models are accepted as well:
- Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD
- Logitech Portable Webcam C905
- Logitech QuickCam Pro for Notebooks
- Logitech Webcam C600 HD
- Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 for Business
- Microsoft LifeCam Cinema
Thank you in advance.