Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anyone know of any netbooks or laptops that have fullsize fold out keyboards? I really hate the layout of the keyboards, and considering how small some of the portable folding keyboards are, I'm surprised that I haven't seen netbooks/laptops that have these integrated.

I wouldn't mind if the keys are smaller. It's just the layout and the lack of standard placements of things like Shift/Ctrl/Home/End keys that I use frequently when programming.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Moses, random May 16 '14 at 18:14

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions seeking for hardware shopping recommendations are off-topic because they are often relevant only to the question author at the time the question was asked and tend to become obsolete quickly. Instead of asking what to buy, try asking how to find out what suits your needs." – Moses, random
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

If you don't like the placement of keys, you can reprogram keys to the keys you want. – ephilip Dec 15 '09 at 20:59
You must be thinking of the ThinkPad 701 "butterfly keyboard" -- man that'd be sweet. Too bad the fold-out action might add some bulk/thickness to the unit. Unfortunately, I can't think of any present-day machine that might do that. – krhainos Dec 15 '09 at 21:31
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Pretty much all 17" and above laptops have got full size keyboards with the exceptions of the 2x3 block above the arrow keys and some of the empty spaces.

Alternatively, the best you can probably do is just get an external keyboard and use that!

share|improve this answer

This is just as much a non-answer as the other one here, but you could try a bluetooth laser keyboard.

share|improve this answer
Only works if you're happy to look down at the keys while typing... – romkyns May 21 '12 at 11:16

How about a USB roll-up keyboard?

share|improve this answer

I agree with the others use a full size USB keyboard or switch to a 17 inch laptop. I had a folding key board from my Palm, It was better then graffiti but not like a regular keyboard. I know a few companies were working on projected virtual keyboards, but the lack of any tactile feedback may prevent them from being popular.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.