I'm trying to boot Windows7 off a partition using a openSUSE 11.2 host.
- Turn on the virtual machine
- Grub shows up like it would on a real reboot. I select windows
- Windows shows some error about hardware changes. I choose to start windows normally
- I see the shiny startup animation with the logo
- BSOD with stop error 0x000007B.
I assume this is because the virtual hardware doesn't match my real hardware. I don't know what to change as I set the CPU count etc accordingly. is there a way for virtualbox to detect and use my real hardware settings (except for ram)?