A slight twist on this relatively common question:
Clean 250GB drive, plan is to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10 (Win7 first).
I want to have a separate /home(for 9.10) and DATA (for Win7) partitions.
How does this sound?
- 50GB Win7 boot/applications primary partition (NTFS)
- 20GB U9.10 boot primary partition (ext4)
- 10GB unused primary partition (in case I want to install another linux)
- 170GB Extended partition
- 4GB swap (have 2GB ram)
- 25GB logical partition for /home (ext3)
- 141GB logical partition for win7 data, movies, documents, pictures etc, which I'll view from Ubuntu, as well(NTFS)
Now, size is not exactly 250GB so the last logical partition is only an aproximation, but other sizes are pretty exact.
Any other factors to take into consideration?