DVD Flick will do that for you.
DVD Flick aims to be a simple but at
the same time powerful DVD Authoring
tool. It can take a number of video
files stored on your computer and turn
them into a DVD that will play back on
your DVD player, Media Center or Home
Cinema Set. You can add additional
custom audio tracks, subtitles as well
as a menu for easier navigation.
* Burn nearly any video file to DVD
* Support for over 45 file formats
* Support for over 60 video codecs
* Support for over 40 audio codecs
* Easily add a menu
* Add your own subtitles
* Easy to use interface
* Burn your project to disc after encoding
There's a tutorial on how to use it.
I'd like to make the French audio the
default (if possible).
Simply move your preferred audio track to the top (highlight and click the 'Arrow Up' icon).
DVD Flick is freeware.