I'm looking for a Windows 7 and XP compatible Windows desktop panning/scrolling tool.
This is to solve a problem where some applications for example MSN have settings/preference Windows that are not resizeable. I have a Netbook with a small maximum screen resolution e.g. 1024x600.
The fixed non-resizeable windows are too large for this display screen size so I cannot see all of the items on these windows, particularly the OK button to save settings.
What I would like is a desktop scrolling/panning tool where if I move my mouse pointer to any edge of the display, it pans to show the region of the too-large-fixed window that I could not see.
I use a Samsung N110 and Toshiba NB100 netbooks.
I'm looking for:
- A general program that provides desktop panning/scrolling/expanded resolution to allow all regions of a non-resizeable fixed window
- Preferably a non-graphics hardware specific program but will accept a solution that works with both the above machines
I'm NOT looking for (i.e. unsatisfactory answers others have asked that I've already searched and found):
- Advice on what programs to use that DON'T have the problem of fixed windows
- Alternative operating system solutions
- Plugging in an external monitor with larger resolution - I use this option but I need a solution when one is not available, e.g. while travelling etc
- Advice about not using small screen netbooks - I enjoy the compact convenience of them
- Advice about change the dpi settings in the Control Panel Display settings
- Advice about guesswork with the tab key to move the focus the off-screen item I cannot see
Thank you in advance.