I'm looking to setup remote administration for my desktop PC. I'll be away from home and want to access my home desktop for regular maintenance. I'm using a Wifi router at home for internet access and my desktop PC is behind this router.
- From my notebook PC (from which I'll be doing the remote admin), I connect to this router/default gateway (Dlink) using IP address: 192.168.0.1
- For the route admin interface under WAN Settings, I see the settings for router configured as static IP address 192.168.1.12 and ISP gateway address as 192.168.1.1 and some other static addresses for primary and secondary DNS servers.
Please guide on the following :-
- What is the best remote administration software suitable for this setup.
- What address would I need to use to connect to my desktop PC which is behind the router.
- Can Windows standard Remote Desktop do the job for me? If yes, what addresses would I be using?