I have created a custom Library under Windows 7 64bit professional to handle my source code. When I tried Windows Backup and Restore for the first time I get the following error
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Source. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
The official Microsoft answer on this is
This problem is due to one or more profiles under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList with missing ProfileImagePath.
To check whether you have missing profiles:
- Open regedit, navigate to the above registry key. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList). Expand the list
- Click on each of the profiles listed. The first 3 profiles should have ProfileImagePath value of %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\SystemProfile, %SystemRoot%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService, and %SystemRoot%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService respectively.
- Starting from the 4th profile, the ProfileImagePath should contain path to the user profiles on your machine, such as C:\users\Christine
- If one or more of the profile has no profile image, then you have missing profiles.
To work around this, delete the profile in question (Caution: The registry contains critical settings that are necessary for your system to function properly. Take extra caution while making changes)
- First, export the ProfileList key for safekeeping. (Right click on the key, choose “Export”, and save it to the desktop.)
- Right click on the profile in question, choose delete.
- Try backup again.
This does not work for me.
Anyone have any idea what is going on here?