When I open a document in Word 2007, everything works fine, I can edit, highlight text, etc. However, the instant Word loses focus, when I focus back the document doesn't recognize anything the mouse does.
The tabbed menu at the top seems to recognize the mouse but the document itself does not. I can scroll through via the scroll-wheel and I can type. However, typing just shows up where the mouse cursor last was before focus was taken away.
I've tried clearing some word data registry keys. I've also found that some Word Add-ins can cause problems. LaserFiche is one I see mentioned a lot. As far as I can tell I have no add-ons though.
Any ideas? It's crazy-annoying.
- Word is the only program that has this problem
- Typically I have Toad (Oracle DB management app), an XP virtual machine with various apps running on it, Skype, Google Talk, and maybe a handful of other programs at any given time open... Windows Media player, Outlook.
- Yes, this happens even if nothing else is running. From a fresh restart as well.
- I'm running Vista 64 with SP1
- According to Windows Update, I have the latest of everything. This has been happening for a couple of months now. Just never took the time to look into because I usually never have to use word.