I have a problem that just started at work recently and the network manager is certain he did not change anything with the group policy. Anyways, here is a detailed description of the problem.
My machine is Windows XP SP3, and I use IE8 to browse. We have McAffee anti-virus software that I am unable to configure. I use the following file to test...
I need to fix this because I do extensive testing from my C: drive, and I am accustomed to doing so. I don't want to get into the habit of moving files to a different drive just to test.
Things I have tried:
- Enabled "Allow Active Content to Run Files on My Computer" in Options | Advanced | Security
- Enabled "Allow Active Scripting" in Options | Security | Custom Level
- Verified that "Script" was not checked as disabled in Developer Toolbar
- Added localhost to Trusted Sites in Options
- Disabled McAffee completely (momentarily, with help from network admin)
- Used an older DOCTYPE in my test HTML page
- Re-installed IE8 completely
regsvr32on the JScript.dll
- Slammed keyboard
I am sure that there is a setting somewhere that will fix this problem, possibly in the registry. I would not be surprised if it was related to the developer toolbar. At this point I do not know where else to look.
Can anyone help me resolve this problem?
EDIT: Regardless of the bounty, this issue is still ongoing.