I am trying to set up a dual-head setup on my Kubuntu laptop, and have found several ways to do it. They all seem very complex and I would like to know which one would be best for my situation:
- Laptop with vga output and lcd internal screen
- Want different Windows on each screen, no a duplicate output on both displays
- Need different refresh rates and resolutions on the two displays, since one is a CRT and the other is an LCD
- Same color depth on both displays is fine
- Will edit xorg.conf if needed (and have experience doing so), though would like to leave autogenerated config files how the system wants them.
- Need to be able to boot up and work fine with no external monitor connected
I have tried the KRandRTray application which came with kubuntu, but it just puts the same output on the external display, which is not what I'm looking for.