I see this is a common problem, however I don't understand the resolution.
I have Windows 7 64 bit installed, and a separate graphics card (GeForce 7900 GS). Is the entire 4 GB of main RAM usable, or is 1200 MB wasted because of address conflicts?
- I definitely have windows 64 bit, not 32 bit.
- Each memory chip shows as 2GB on its own. Only when combined, they show as 2814 MB.
- I've tried different slots.
- Both memory chips are the exact same model.
- The checkbox in msconfig (boot/advanced/max-mem) is not checked.
- I actually have Windows 7 RC and not RTM, not sure that it matters though.