I'm trying to have a wps54gworking on a mac os x. I have read a lot of stuff about this, but nothing seems to work and I don't understand why. The strange thing is that it work on mac os x, because a lot of people did this.
The printer is connected to the printserver with a USB cable
This is what I have:
- Notebook with Mac OS x
- Canon Pixma MP750 printer
Can someone give the the right way how to do this?
Answer what worked for me:
Background: 1) Configure the print server and successfully print from windows (I don't know of another way)
2) I am running and printing on 10.5.6, using both methods below.
2) Download and install Gimp-Printing for Mac OS X. Check to make sure your printer is supported.
3) Download and install nmap\zenmap for OS X. This is a useful tool for discovery and what I used to find ports and there uses.
4) I had some luck with LPD printing, but only on the first print. After that the printer printed garbage on more pages than what I requested. NOT OPTIMAL!
Now you are free to print from either (or both) ways as setup below.
IPP Printing Protocol: Internet Printing Protocol - IPP Address: The network address of your WPSM54G + port 631 (192.168.1.149:631) Queue: ipp/P1 Name: ipp/P1 Print Using: Select your printer here.
Now select the printer in the printer and fax config dialog and go to the options and supplies area
Change the name to something useful (I used "R320 - IPP")
Change the location to "IP_" + the network name for your print server (LK and the last 6 characters of the MAC address) But you can get this from your router, nmap/zenmap by scanning the address of the print server, or just create it from the method in the parenthesis above + "P1"
So to clarify my location would be: "IP_LKA040BAP1"
Click okay, and print away.