I'm having an odd problem that probably has a simple solution that I'm missing. I switched our wireless router to different DNS servers (google's public DNS in lieu of our ISPs). In the router settings, this involved unchecking the "automatic from ISP" checkbox. I've verified that those changes persisted correctly on the router config screen.
However, on both the laptop (win7 ultimate, x64) and my desktop (vista ultimate, x64), if I do an ipconfig/all, all 4 servers are listed: my ISPs DNS servers and google's public DNS servers (in that order). I.e., the output (just the DNS info) is pasted below (note the 8.8.8.x is google's public DNS IPs). I've tried doing an ipconfig/flushdns and some other steps, as well as rebooting.
The problem remains: I can't seem to get rid of the extranous 209.18.47.x DNS IPs.
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199