The WD-My Book 500GB is recognized as a local disc in my system (Windows 7), but it's drivers fail to install successfully when connected via usb cable with computer. Then when I try to open it (explore), it slows down the pc, and after some minutes it displayes the message: 'F:\ is not accessible'. And after some time it shows another message asking me to format it. I really do have important data i wanna get from it, so i can't format it.
Till now I have tried the following, none of them succeed:
- using a scanning\fixing thing from Hiren CD,
- accessing from a suse(linux)live CD,
- accessing the hdd from safe mode of my PC,
- tried on a pc running vista OS,
- googled for a solution, nothing relevant found, just stories, no solution
Is there any fix for it? Somewhere i can get the drivers?
Any way that does not include formatting it, is highly appreciated.