Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've been thinking of getting a Dell SAS card to use in a server and I understand that normal SATA drivers are usable. Seeing that these Dell cards don't have mini-SAS, what sort of cable do I need to connect normal SATA drives to it?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

The correct cable is " SAS Controller 32-Pin to 4 x SATA Hard Disk HDD Converter Cable ".

share|improve this answer
Specifically, one with SFF-8484 type parent connectors. – Zac B Aug 7 '12 at 21:04

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .