I have a user who cannot view embedded PDFs within Internet Explorer. He's currently running version 9.3. When he downloads a PDF to his machine and opens it with Adobe Reader, he can view it just fine. I've checked all the obvious settings/configuration as listed below. What else could I try to make this work?
- Upgraded to the newest version of Adobe Reader
- Tried removing additional programs - Acrobat.com and Adobe AIR
- Tried IE7, then upgraded and tried in IE8
- Uninstalled/Reinstalled relevant Adobe products
- Checked/Unchecked the "Display PDF in browser" setting
- Ensured the Adobe add-ins are correct and enabled in IE
Currently, this user doesn't get the Red X where the PDF should be but rather a picture icon, but still no document. I also have Adobe Reader on my machine and it works fine.
The only other option I've seen online is to remove 9.3 and reinstall a version of 8, but I don't really want to go back in time. Has anyone found a legit solution for this?