At my place of work, it has been decided to move many processes to Sharepoint. I'm now looking into how Sharepoint can be used for bug tracking (à la Mantis, FogBugz etc. but within Sharepoint). Specifically, we're using a collaboration room and the solution must work inside that.
I know that I can create lists using an "Issue tracker" template, but it lacks workflow, integrated correspondence (like FogBugz), and audit log (any user can edit any field any time, without it being noted anywhere).
That's not sufficient, so I am looking for "bigger" solutions but haven't yet found anything at all.
This question is similar but aims at Helpdesk use; we aim at bug tracking and change requests to a system.
I'm open to suggestions! As I'm not an administrator, I can't just grab a Sharepoint component and install it for testing. I'm looking for experiences, documentation, white papers, screen shots -- the actual downloadable will be relevant later.
Ideally, some of these matters should be covered:
- Support for different ticket types (bug, feature, inquiry, internal task).
- Configurable workflow per ticket type, no fixed number of steps.
- Configurable read/write permissions per field and per workflow status.
- Configurable dashboard for managers with nice charts.
- Configurable email notifications.
- Correspondence à la FogBugz. (Challenge: we use Notes, not Exchange.)