Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This is driving me nuts, I can't find it.

I specifically mean these shapes:

enter image description here

Is there a shortcut key to it?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

On the Home Tab in the Tools Group there is a drop down (top right of the group here) which contains the basic rectangle, ellipse and line tools.

The help includes the following keyboard shortcuts:

Select the Rectangle Tool: CTRL+8

Select the Ellipse Tool: CTRL+9

Select the Line Tool: CTRL+6

Select the Arc Tool: CTRL+7

Select the Freeform Tool: CTRL+5

Select the Pencil Tool: CTRL+4

But I cannot see freeform drawing or arc in the ribbon (perhaps time for some product feedback).

share|improve this answer
Yeah, but what about the standard flowchart shapes such as these… ? – Matt Jan 22 '10 at 19:46
I just created a drawing with the basic flowchart template, and the flowchart shapes are there. You can also click on more shapes to open any stencils. – Richard Jan 23 '10 at 23:05

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.