I have a Linksys WRT110 that I'm trying to hook up at home and it's giving me issues:
- It seems to be acting as a hub and assigning the public IP from my ISP to my laptop's ethernet adapter.
- It is not broadcasting an ESSID.
- I cannot seem to connect to its default internal IP (ie. 192.168.1.1)
What I have tried/checked:
- I am 100% sure I have cables connected correctly.
- I've tried resetting the router to factory defaults - has no visible effect.
- I've tried setting a static IP address for my ethernet adapter as 192.168.1.2.
It's out of warranty/freebie from a family member. Should I just pitch this thing? Or is there anything I can do to try and fix it?