Automator is a Mac OS X utility that allows creation and execution of workflows that can be integrated with Mac OS X. This enables users to automate repetitive tasks to save time and effort.
Automator is a Mac OS X utility first included with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. It allows the creation and execution of linear workflows composed of basic actions provided by Mac OS X or installed applications. This enables users to automate repetitive tasks to save time and effort when using their Mac.
Automator is able to create:
- Basic workflows that can be run from Automator,
- Applications that optionally receive files and folders as arguments,
- Mac OS X Services optionally acting on selected GUI objects (e.g. files in Finder or selected text),
- Print Plugins that can be run from any print dialog,
- iCal alarms that can be executed when an alarm is triggered in iCal,
- Folder Actions executed whenever a given folder's contents change,
- and Image Capture plugins for the Image Capture application.