There are two primary methods of synchronization:
- One-way sync makes one of the copies the authoritative copy and updates the other copies to match it.
- Two-way sync looks at all of the changes in all copies of the files and updates all the copies to contain all of the most recent changes.
- Bookmarks between Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari across multiple computers
- Keeping your iTunes library in sync
- Synchronising two Windows 7 folders in real-time
- Lotus Notes Calendar with Google Calendar
- Syncing between Android and iTunes