Reputation
Top tag
Next privilege 50 Rep.
Comment everywhere
Badges
7
Newest
 Teacher
Impact
~1k people reached

  • 0 posts edited
  • 0 helpful flags
  • 1 vote cast
Aug
10
comment Blocking all remote connections - Cisco LRT214
@begueradj You're good in my book, my friend. Just sayin. So many ivory tower wimps on this board who spend 99% of their time bullying people for being ignorant (which I am, admittedly, on many subjects) and the remaining 1% of their time clubbing baby seals.
Aug
10
comment Blocking all remote connections - Cisco LRT214
To whomever voted down this, be aware that I called Cisco with the question before posting here. And after speaking with ten different people over the course of more than 60 minutes, only about half of whom had an IQ above 64, I gave up and came here. What else do you want from me? I could gift-wrap it and put some lipstick on it for you if you would prefer?
Aug
10
awarded  Teacher
Aug
10
comment Blocking all remote connections - Cisco LRT214
Yes, and what I mean is exactly that. Any remote user making an attempt to connect with my network.
Aug
10
asked Blocking all remote connections - Cisco LRT214
Aug
4
awarded  Supporter
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
Already using that feature but good call.
Mar
25
accepted Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
Not every time, but surely, often.
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
thank you. Also, to be clear, we used to use the archiving feature, but it just made the process even more inefficient because when I need to find something buried deep, and it's in the archive, it's impossible to find. This solution should cover it!! Thanks!
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
Yes I'm using Exchange. I understand the ramifications. Just hate not being able to search my emails during normal working hours.
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
@Julian Knight So, unless I am mistaken, the solution would be to add a task that runs command-line: 1) "net stop wsearch", 2) "net start wsearch" every day at 1AM.
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
To the heart of the question, your message above under heading "Rebuild the index..."... can this be built into the Windows task scheduler to rebuild the full index every night while I am sleeping, and not while I am working?
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
To confirm, this is a Microsoft Exchange Office365 email account. But when I click to "see more results from the server", there is a huge lag, so it's a useless fallback.
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
I am aware that it runs constantly to add new emails to the index, but why there would be 4-6hr periods of time where this message appears in place of ANY results whatsoever, is beyond me. My hope was that if I rebuilt the full index every night that this would eliminate the issue entirely.
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
500GB SSD with 65GB used space (13% utilization). About three years of emails... so, around 150,000 inbound and 90,000 outbound. I receive about 150 per day, and send about 90-150.
Mar
25
comment Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
Really? No way to schedule the search indexer process? Ridiculous!
Mar
25
asked Outlook 2013 search indexing set schedule
Jan
23
comment Use Excel to calculate similarity between two strings
Now we're talking... thanks!!
Jan
23
comment Use Excel to calculate similarity between two strings
@Excell, just so everyone is perfectly clear, this is NOT a duplicate. And still, nobody has answered or even touched on a real solution to the actual question: comparing two defined strings for % of similarity. NOT looking for a fuzzy match to an entry inside a SET of data.