Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users. If you have a question about …
- computer hardware,
- computer software, or
- personal and home computer networking
and it is not about …
- programming and software development,
- video games or consoles,
- websites or web services like Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress,
- electronic devices, media players, cell phones or smart phones, except insofar as they interface with your computer,
- issues specific to corporate IT support and networks,
- asking for a product, service or learning material recommendation,
… then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Super User, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. For suggestions where to post your question instead, please see here. If your question is about Super User, you can ask on Meta Super User.