here is my setup:
- laptop: hp zbook 15 g2 , no docking station
- acer k272hul (2560*1140)
- dell p2311H (1900*1080)
the goal is
connect to both displays to to the laptop and run at max resolution. For this
- the acer is connected via DP and
- the dell (since only having DVI and VGA ports) with a VGA cable from laptop to dell
- picture is blurry on DELL which is bothersome. (prio 1)
- cable clutter (prio 2)
so i wanted to fix that and had the idea to connect the dell via the DP out of the acer but since the dell only has a DVI and VGA i'm using a DP to DVI cable.
unfortunately, the laptop (win7 + latest drivers) doens't detect the dell.
note, i covered the basics
- the zbook suport daisy chaining
- the acer support daisy chaining
- the DP 1.2 is turned on
- the DP to DVI works on its own
- from what i have read DP -> DVI should work at the end of a daisy chain, but maybe not with these devices/cable?
so anyone out there that was successful to daisy chain the acer with DP -> DVI ? or that can give tips to remedy the problem ?
since sharp picture has higher prio than cable clutter:
- any one there that has successfully used both, DP and thunderbolt ports (which also does DP according to the manual) to hook up 2 monitors?
- how does this work and what needs to be looked out for, e.g. cables and devices?