Is there any solution on how I could rearrange my virtual desktops in the task-view (WIN+TAB)?
This is not possible in the current version of Windows 10 (20H2) or earlier versions.
However, the recent Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21337 mentions this feature.
We can only hope that this feature will be rolled out to Windows 10 in an upcoming update.
This is not yet possible on Windows 10, but the best way to encourage the feature change would be to vote for it on Microsoft's Feedback Hub:
https://aka.ms/Kpdo3c (link should open the Feedback Hub)
(at the time of this posting, 2018-02-22, it had 1,188 upvotes)
There are also a few related virtual desktop enhancement requests in there as well. It never hurts to voice what's important to you for a feature.
Update: As of the 2018 April Update ("Spring Creators", and introduction of timeline) there is still no way to rearrange the virtual desktops.
Update: 2018-07-31, still a no-go, but Feedback Hub now has 1,517 Upvotes for this feature.
Update: 2019-07-31, still a no-go for Windows 1809 (Oct 2018 update, aka "Fall Creators, 2018"), but Feedback Hub now has 1,710 Upvotes for this feature.
Update: 2020-02-24, I'm currently running the Microsoft insider preview slow-channel and it's still not a feature. This implies it'll be doubtful to see this appear for the "Sprint Creators, 2020" (do they even still call it 'creators update'??)
A workaround :
Say you have 6 desktops and you want to switch 2 and 4.
What do you do ?
- You create a 7th desktop, put the content of the 4th into the 7th by moving all windows from the 4th into the 7th, one by one, manually, by hand.
- Now you move the content of the 2nd into the 4th
- Finally you move the content of the 7th into the 2nd.
You can do this (and a lot more) with the following third-party app: https://github.com/ViRb3/SylphyHornEx
It is now possible in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21337:
Reorder and customize your Virtual Desktops
Reorder Virtual Desktops:
- Enter Task View (via Win + Tab), create multiple new Virtual Desktops.
- Drag and drop a Virtual Desktop to another position in the list in Task View.
- Right click a Virtual Desktop thumbnail in task view and select “Move left” or “Move right” in the context menu to move the desktop to another position.
- Use keyboard navigation to set focus to the desired Virtual Desktop in Task View, and then press ALT + Shift + Left / Right Arrow to move it in either direction in the list.