I have a laptop that is getting old but my financial situation isn't the best. When I play some types of games that uses HQ graphics libraries like Call of Duty my computer is getting up to 90 degrees Celsius and then of course it's goes black and then crashes. I've tried under-clocking my processors and other software related attempts to fix this issue. Can anyone recommend the "best" way to prevent these overheating issues ?
several things can be done:
- as said - a fan-based cooling plate.
- clean out your heat-sink... Most winblows boxes are marginal for cooling anyway - blow it out, and make sure you keep airways unobstructed.
- cooling compound - Arctic Silver is the stuff to own..
- don't play so long. (if finances are that bad, consider a regular break while you earn money to buy a better machine).
- clean out your PC OS and delete extra software (i'm assuming this is a Win box of some sort (due to the lack of thermal issues on Macs as well as the ubiquity of gamers on Windows boxes)..