the best way to do that is as follows:
1) check first what's on the list of "recently closed" tabs.
2) open each and every one of those previously closed tabs from the last one on the list to the first.
3) now ctrl+h (History) and then click on "Clear Browsing Data" (a new tab will open up).
4) close the 'History' tab you just came from (it should be on the left of where you are now). closing this tab first will prevent it to appear on the future list of 'recently closed' tabs.
5) now you should land back on the "clear your browsing history" tab. Select "from the past hour", check off "Browsing data" and click "Clear Browsing History" and close this tab.
6) Now you can carefully close again each tab you had re-opened in step 2 to 'simulate' they just had been recently closed and feed that list back to what it was when you found it. Make sure you close each tab in the same order they were originally on the list, meaning from left to right if you started re-opening them from bottom to top and from right to left if you started re-opening them from top to bottom of the list.
That's it, you're in the clear! Now your gf or bf's Chrome Browser looks exactly as s/he left it lol ;)