- You have a Windows 7 Ultimate as your host.
- You have a Linux Kali 2 as a VMWare Workstation virtual machine on this host.
- Your network adapter is bridged on the VMWare(Version 10.0.3).
- Host IP address =
- Virtual Machine IP address =
- Host Gateway =
- Virtual machine Gateway =
- Virtual Machine and Host can ping each other and also the gateway successfully.
While Host can ping
22.214.171.124 (Yahoo) successfully, the virtual machine can't! In the other words,
ICMP requests from host to Yahoo, have
ICMP reply packets, but
ICMP requests from the virtual machine haven't!
What am I did so far?
- I replaced my host IP address with the virtual machine IP address, and vice versa, but nothing changed.
- I tried other virtual machines. For all Linux virtual machines I have this issue, while all Windows virtual machines are working fine!
- I tried different versions of VMware® Workstation and VMWare VSphere softwares. Issue doesn't solved for my Linux virtual machines.
Differences between ICMP requests:
As you see above, there are some difference between requests. Is these difference origin of the problem? If so, how can I handle it?
Formerly I even can't ping the Gateway on the Virtual Machine! By sniffing I noticed that MAC address of gateway in the Virtual machine is not correct, so I set it statically with the correct value and after that I pinged it successfully. Now this is the new problem!
I'm just see that I have Internet access on the virtual machine! I only can't ping it!
Any way I need to see the ping reply packet!