Can't boot to BIOS, my version of BIOS is American Megatrends Inc. V1.3, 11/7/2011. I've done about everything I could think of except for removing the RAM/Processer/MOBO out of the computer.
- Exchanged keyboards
- Pressed all combinations the would typically lead to BIOS
- Mashed a whole lot of keys trying to get a keyboard error
- Removed the hard drive containing the operating system and plugging in a USB with bootable media on it
- Removed and reseated the CMOS battery
I'm not even seeing the typical motherboard/BIOS screen come up. Just a blank screen with a solid cursor in the top left and text that reads "B2" in the bottom right. It stays on that screen for a good minute or two then moves on to a completely blank screen on my second monitor.
Operating system boots fine. Currently trying to install Windows 10 onto a formatted Samsung 850 EVO SSD. (I had windows installed onto the SSD up until a few days ago and ran into some pretty mind-boggling issues so I decided on a format and a fresh install)
I built this system about 5 years ago, still using the same motherboard and processor I started with.
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
- AMD Phenom II X4 960T
- 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
- MSI 970A-G45 (MS-7693)
- 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA)
- 931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device (SATA)